Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Wednesday 10 May 2023

What a start

 Until we get back home I won’t be able to accompany these posts with any images. It’s certainly not beyond technology, just my complete inability to use it! My first wander around the Pefkohori countryside produced a superb series of avian encounters. I’ve got eighteen additions to my self found list which includes my very first Greek Little Bitten. Sadly, no photo’s were obtained, still there’s plenty of time yet.

The real stand out sighting came when I stumbled across a sow Wild Boar with a litter of boarlets in tow and this I did manage to get photos of. Most of the usual suspects have been seen, but it is a very sorry reflection on my UK efforts when I have to come to Greece to year tick Common Swift, House Martin and Whinchat?

Ten more days to go, so I’m very hopeful of getting more additions to the list and securing some decent images to accompany my trip report which will be a posted once we get back home!


No comments:

Post a Comment