Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 11 May 2023

Thursday ramblings

 My second foray out into the Pefkohori countryside was always going to be a bit of an anticlimax after yesterday’s effort. Absolutely no way will this terrain be able to provide eighteen year ticks, in a single day, again on this trip. My choice, entirely, but I’m restricted to the area which I am physically able to walk to and now, fast  approaching seventy, that ain’t as far as it used to be I can tell you! 

My route today took me up to a small, but very sacred, Greek Orthodox Church with restricted access for visitors and a strict dress code which certainly prevented a long haired hippy, carrying camera and binos from treading on the haloed ground within the boundaries. No big deal as it was the road which got me up there which provided the birding opportunities.

The two new additions were Olive-tree and Eastern Olivaceous Warblers, Pefkohori being the only place I’ve ever seen them previously. Plenty of other birds to look at as I made my way around and I’m hopeful that some of the images obtained today are an improvement upon those of yesterday? It seems really crazy when I’m not sure whether to look at a Black-headed Bunting, a Red-backed Shrike or a Turtle Dove? All of which are present within a tiny Olive Grove or garden. 


No comments:

Post a Comment