Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Friday 19 May 2023

Last roll of the holiday dice

My final stroll into the countryside surrounding Pefkohori was rather quiet. As planned I walked to the marina where I discovered a, rather confiding, pair of Common Terns thus ensuring my holiday tally has reached the sixty species mark. Spent a bit of time with the macro kit getting some images of dragonfly sp. and I also spotted, very briefly, the first live snake of the holiday having previously found four road casualties on my wanderings. Got some more habitat photos in the hope that I’ve got all the material required to produce a reasonable trip report. To this end I also got a number of images depicting the horrendous, industrial scale, fly tipping that occurs out in the Greek countryside. You certainly won’t see any mention of it in the holiday brochures. Just as I began my walk back I was very fortunate to spot a singing male Eastern Olivaceous Warbler which allowed me to grab a few shots before dropping back down into cover. It’s been an amazing holiday and I’m sure we’ll be back in the not too distant future?

No comments:

Post a Comment