Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Friday 12 May 2023

This will take some beating

 It was around 10.00 hrs, this morning, that I left the Anna Maria complex on my latest sojourn into the Pefkohori countryside. I’d already decided that a trip back to the local sewage farm was the plan in the hope of reconnecting with the Little Bittern that I discovered on Wednesday. Shame I hadn’t planned a better route to get me there? It was all around the houses before I eventually arrived. Not a complete waste of effort as Alpine Swift, Crested Lark and Cuckoo? had been added to the trip list before I arrived at my destination. 

I made a complete pig’s ear of my Little Bittern photo opportunity, having flushed it from almost the same spot as previously. What happened next just blew me away. I went off in search of my needle in a haystack photo and stumbled upon a stunning male Collared Flycatcher in a reed bed some 30m away. A lifer, and a self-found one at that. It doesn’t get any better. The walk back to our apartment was a piece of cake after this. I’ve got a Yellow Wagtail photo that will require some further investigation before an I’d can be reached. Greek birding - certainly has a lot going for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment