Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Monday 15 May 2023

Nice and easy does it

My leg muscles haven’t been tested like this for some considerable period and they’re certainly telling me that I’m pushing the boundaries of my fitness levels. For this reason I decided to stick to a relatively flat walk inland to the sewage farm. I made a complete balls up with my route and ended walking an extra mile because of my, piss poor, planning. Another two additions to the trip list started with a European Roller perched on distant power lines, but flushed by a passing car before I could get close enough for some decent photos. The sewage farm was rather disappointing, if the truth were told, and it was a overflying Common Buzzard that provided the second tick for the day.

I suppose the day’s highlight has to be my discovery of a Glanville Fritillary. A lifer, which I managed to capture with long lens yet, can’t help thinking how much better I could have done had I been carrying the macro kit? Bee eaters continue to move north overhead, although not in the numbers of yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment