Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Wednesday 22 April 2020

Looking and learning

It's bloody hard work attempting to find interest in the current situation. I suppose I should count my blessings, as at least I have a garden, which backs onto farmland in which I am at will to spent my time. The current run of persistent E/ ENE/ NE winds and clear skies have conspired to produce the worst spring, bird wise, I've witnessed in the twenty years we've been here. Yes, of course it's not all been bad and I should be grateful for the hand I've been dealt. There are many folk far worse off than I at present. So, this morning, I decided that it would be a good idea to look for something positive. With the sun shining brightly from a cloudless sky, let's have a play around with the camera kit and see what the feeding station attracts? I must add that I've now placed the bird bath down at the far end of the garden and that provision of water has added an extra dimension to the attraction of the feeders. The accompanying images were taken today and helped lighten the mood in these trying times. After the fiasco with the Rough-legged Buzzard images, actually learning how to use the camera kit might be a decent "lockdown" project over the coming weeks?




Talking of projects. I managed to obtain a small number of scrap wooden pallets from work, today, and am hoping to use the reclaimed timber to construct a hedgehog house, as per the instructions/guidelines I discovered on the BBC Gardener's World web pages. We've got three, at least, individuals visiting our feeding station and a shelter, positioned at the bottom of the garden, might just be enough to encourage these fabulous creatures to hang about all year? I know what I'll be doing over the weekend and will probably get a post, or two, as a result of my labours.

No comments:

Post a Comment