Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Sunday 1 March 2020

An hour over at Oare Marshes

Much the same as yesterday, I dropped Bev off at the Kent & Canterbury hospital before heading off, beyond Faversham, to spend an hour, or so, at the wonderful Oare Marshes KWT Reserve. It's been quite a while since I was last at this site but, given the weather, wasn't surprised by the number of visitors taking advantage of the facilities. It was rather nice to see a good number of families, with young children, just enjoying a day out in the sunshine. The reserve isn't only about birds and birdwatchers, there is a whole eco-system to be explored with free access to anyone wishing to make the effort.

The white balance, hence colour, is all over the shop in this image - it still was a very pleasant scene to behold.
How did I get on? A brilliant short session without any outstanding sightings, I still found space to loose myself and experience the vibe that exists within this very special habitat. The camera was pointed in the direction of several species which I encountered on my wanderings, the star turn being a winter plumage Dunlin that I discovered in the salt marsh near the sluice gate beside Faversham Creek.






A great place to get up close with some superb birds - Oare Marshes has much to offer anyone seeking outdoor enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment