Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Saturday 7 March 2020

Clicking away

The garden photo challenge is slowly coming along with two new species already added at the start of March. I have no rules, just a simple desire to photograph fifty species in, over or from the bungalow footprint. Quality images are always nice, but so long as the species depicted, is recognisable that'll do for me. I can always hope to improve on the original if the opportunity should arise. Common Buzzard is an obvious case in point, Goldfinch being another.

This sneaky sod was perched on the aviary netting, the dappled light making photography rather tricky.
The most frustrating part of my project is the missed chances. Just today, whilst sat in my study, I've seen Jay, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Rook, Lesser Black-backed Gull and, to really rub it in, a Mistle Thrush. Fleeting encounters which offer me no realistic chance to grab the camera kit before they're lost from view. If it were any different I could hardly call it a challenge?

Number 23 for the year and I'll settle for that
This next one might make you smile? My neighbour's rodent problem doesn't seem to be under control,  despite calling in Pest Busters.
Feeding station harmony


No comments:

Post a Comment