Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 21 May 2020

Garden time

Wednesday was another stunner, here on Thanet, and I spent my time watching the birds whilst also getting the tackle ready for another session at the syndicate fishery. New line on three reels, more rigs tied and generally ensuring that everything I require is present, in a usable state of repair. I also prepared some mashed bread, purely as a result of an interview I saw involving Lee Jackson. Although in no way am I seeking to copy what he did, the use of bread is something worthy of further investigation?




The camera is always close to hand, just in case something catches my eye. The parakeets and jackdaw were good value but, just after 11.00 hrs, three Red Kites moved north over the farmland allowing me a record shot opportunity as they did so. In keeping with the sightings of so many other birders, across southern England, these three birds were all 2nd c/y individuals with that characteristic wing moult providing a gap at the join of the secondaries to the primaries. Three is my best count so far this year and takes my tally to eight since the lockdown started.

No comments:

Post a Comment