Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Sunday 10 May 2015

The final view

I am going to draw a line under the Kilchurn Bay sessions with this, my final post on the subject. I am in no doubt that I will have need to reference my experiences of this magnificent place, in future posts but, for now, this will be it!

Every dawn is different
As images are able to say so much more than words - it will be very photo biased. The memories that we have accrued whilst on and around the shores of Kilchurn Bay are forever etched in our minds; they will be relived on numerous occasions whenever we gather as a group.


We have caught some magnificent pike, we have also caught a very large number of fish and I can't recall a single individual which didn't give a good account of itself. Our time has been further enhanced by the chance meeting with Davie Robertson (Central Scotland Pike Anglers) and the company of Alan Gray (the land owner) - wonderful experiences.
Benno christened this opportunist bird - Charlize (you work it out?)
Not, for her, long hours stalking the margins for wary perch - discarded dead baits were far
easier fare and she knew exactly where to find them.
 

The magnificent Emperor Moth -  a female resting on my camera case
For me it has also been about a rediscovery of a hobby and spending extended time with my son. My personal experiences have been as much about the opportunities to encounter unfamiliar wildlife, as it goes about its daily routine, as the fishing itself.



Benno doing battle with a Kilchurn Bay pike using a 10' Bruce & Walker
Mk IV glass fibre rod.

 
Yet another one comes grudgingly to the waiting net

We've had some fantastic times but, as is the case, all good things must come to an end. I sincerely hope that 2015 isn't my final trip to the loch, yet there is so much more we want to do and, as Benno has said, "let's go somewhere warm, so it feels like a holiday!" Where will this take us - who knows?

If 2105 is to prove my final sojourn - this photo says it all."Thanks very much - I've had a blast!"

No comments:

Post a Comment