Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 14 May 2015

Catching up

Wednesday dawned bright and still; the forecast was for clear blue skies and warm sunshine, perfect for a Spring Honey Buzzard - thinks I. Nowhere close to my raptor prediction, but a flock of 14, 1st summer, Black-headed Gulls was a very strange sighting. Common Swifts are seen occasionally over Dumpton, yet they seem to remain loyal to the airspace above St. Lukes for the most part.
A Speckled Wood, in the garden, was another addition to my butterfly year-list, which has now just crept into double figures - I should get out more!


This morning is a complete contrast. Grey skies and a brisk easterly are a precursor to impending rain, so I went out early in an attempt at getting a photo of one, of the two, Common Whitethroats which have taken up territory around Newlands Farm.


Mission accomplished, I was back indoors by 07.30 hrs - plenty of time to get Bev a cup of tea before she heads off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment