Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Sunday 13 October 2024

Garden entertainment

Still haven't managed to get out with the rods, as yet, because things didn't quite go to plan. No big deal, as I am now resigned to the fact that a Pike fishing campaign will be main focus of my efforts in the coming months. However, before this becomes a reality, Bev's son is getting married, next weekend, and the only event which is of relevance at the moment. (Bev's assessment - of course!) So, with this as the background, I have spent much of my time getting the Pike gear sorted out. Lots of new traces have been put together using, both, double and treble hooks (all barbless) specifically for my dead bait presentation. It was whilst sat at my desk (?) - where my laptop is positioned - preparing new traces when I saw a Great Spotted Woodpecker at the peanut feeder. Now whilst this species is recorded annually,  I have never, previously, seen one using the garden feeders.


The MV trap continues to attract a few moths which are worthy of mention, although Radford's Flame Shoulder isn't one of them. Once autumn is here, then the "Sallow" gang appear and, so it has been, The Sallow and Barred Sallow have been taken, on consecutive nights, and I am sure that there won't be too many other new species on the year list before the trap is retired for another year?

The Sallow

Barred Sallow


No comments:

Post a Comment