Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Wednesday 9 October 2024

Day twenty-one - a Noctuid conundrum

Bev and I are sat in the bar area, of the Irene complex, awaiting our airport transfer. So just time, and computer battery life, for me to share an image of a Noctuid moth which I'd potted beside the external light yesterday evening. It's certainly not a species which I recognise, but that's not particularly unusual. A large species of similar proportions to Feathered Ranunculus. I'll have plenty of time to search through my reference material when we get home.

The only other moths attracted were a Vestal and two Rush Veneers. Gatwick here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment