Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 3 October 2024

Day fifteen - written off

 Bev and I have done "jack shit" today, the weather has been drab and overcat, with a brisk wind, ensuring that a day around the pool was out of the question. As a direct consequence, we took a stroll down through the resort to have a drink in the Sea Breeze bar, which is the venue which ignited our love for the Greek Islands over twenty years ago.

It was here that I became aware of the outstanding birding potential of the Eastern Mediterranean region. That original holiday was to see me discover my first Eleonora's Falcon (a dark phase individual), Black-eared Wheatear, Long-legged Buzzard and so much more. The bug bit deep and still remains to this day; even if it's only holiday birding now. 

Walking back fro Sea Breeze the sky was distinctly ominous

I had a quick look around the outdoor lights, yesterday night, and was pleased to pot up a couple of moths which are worthy of sharing. I did also spot an Olive-tree Pearl, which was beyond my reach, and a couple of Geckos whilst searching the apartment building.

Maize Moth (Spoladea recurvalis)

Un-id'd Geometer - probably quite common?

I seem to be experiencing a few computer/internet issues at the moment, so am not overly confident that I'll be able to continue offering daily updates? Hopefully, one of our fellow guests know more about this technology and will come to the rescue? 

No comments:

Post a Comment