Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Tuesday 8 October 2024

Day twenty - last effort

My final walk up onto the Pentati road proved to be very uneventful. Birds were, as expected, in short supply whilst butterflies were virtually absent. A pair of Common Buzzards and a Raven did their best to elevate the session, yet it came down to a lizard sp. to provide the day's highlight.

I've certainly not seen this species before, so will hopefully manage to get an id when we are back home? A dragonfly, close to the apartment complex, provided the only other photo opportunity. Originally I thought it to be a Common Darter but, having had a quick peruse of the British Dragonfly Society website, it appears to be another species which will require a bit more research at a later date.


We plan a very lazy day for tomorrow before the chaotic ritual of a late evening flight back to Gatwick and all that it entails before we are able to pick up the  car and make our way back to Dumpton, via the bloody M25!.Probably won't make another blog offering until after we're safely back in the bungalow - this is Corfu over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment