Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Friday 31 December 2021

Happy New Year

 The final day of 2021 and I am only too glad to get this one out of the way. Sure there were some very enjoyable moments but, overall, it hasn't been a classic! From my personal viewpoint it has been a year of transition as, after the very unpleasant episode which resulted in my walking away from Fujifilm SIS, I have struggled to adapt to a new life without the discipline of shift work. Don't get me wrong, I'm finding it easier by the day, yet having spent over forty-six years in permanent employment (41+ in factory/warehouse environments) it is a bit of a wrench to no longer be part of that banter ridden culture.

A Flatland's rainbow - there's gold in them there drains

So I am quite looking forward to 2022 and the challenges it presents. Angling will still be the dominant hobby, although moths and birds also have a significant role in filling my spare time. Bev and I have a few ideas about how we would like to see the garden develop and, top of the pile, we dearly want to get back to Kefalonia, with the regular gang, to spend quality time in fabulous company and surroundings.


 Whatever happens, surely it has to be an improvement on 2021? Once again, huge thanks to all who've visited my ramblings during the course of the year. I am truly astounded by the numbers. Wishing each and every one of you a Happy, Peaceful and Prosperous 2022 - Dylan

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year Dyl. Your blog and supposed ramblings are always readable. The element of everyday reality adds weight to the exercise. Hopefully all your aims and ambitions for the coming year 'will' be met. Always worth the journey either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you Ric. Just been on the phone with Sye and he asked me to send his regards. Not too sure that my "everyday" reality aligns with that of many visitors to this blog but, if it's working, I see no reason to change? As you quite rightly say, win, loose or draw, whatever my ambitions I would rather fail trying than not bother at all. Take care mate - Dyl

      Delete