Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Tuesday 5 March 2024

Sad little seal

Thanks to the guys at our independant garage, in Broadstairs, both the van and our Mazda CX3 received their annual MOT certification today. My van requires a new set of front brake pads, as an advisory note from the process. It's booked in for Friday morning to have this sorted out. So another year's motoring is secured with our current vehicle choices. The sequence of events was to provide a window for me to take a slow stroll along the coastal path between Broadstairs and Dumpton Gap.My search for a "Scandinavian" Rock Pipit seems to be an exercise in pointless time wasting, yet not without reward? My walk back along the coastal footpath, between Broadstairs and Dumpton Gap provided the opportunity to grab a sequence of images of a "ringed" Rock Pipit, which I'd first seen in early December, and secure the BTO code.

I've sent the ring code to the BTO, via Euring?
I will update any info when I am able.
It seems that AI can deliver almost instantly? This bird was ringed in Broadstairs,
 on 30th October 2020, thus is a resident.

It was just as I arrived at the Dumpton Gap pathway that a guy informed me that there was a "baby" seal on the beach, if I wanted to get some images? The positive being that a Marine Animal Rescue guy was already present, I had a quick chat which was pretty informative. It was a Grey Seal pup. and would need to be tested for weight and body temperature before any decisions could be made?

A very poorly little seal.

Back out with the rods tomorrow, let's hope for a tight line! 

No comments:

Post a Comment