Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Saturday 26 March 2022

Bits, bobs, odds & sods

It's been a little weird not getting out with the rods but, to be honest, a break is probably doing me good. Plenty of stuff to get on with around the garden and jobs that were on "hold" now under way. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, or where I am the binoculars and camera kit are always close too hand. So with this established, it's probably easiest if I just post series of images to keep visitors up to date?




Raptor passage above the garden/Newlands Farm has been steady, if not spectacular.. As always, Common Buzzards dominate proceedings, but Red Kites, Kestrels and Sparrow Hawks also provide entertainment.


The garden feeding station continues to draw good numbers of visitors with plenty of Chaffinches, Green & Goldfinches involved. Best of all, on Thursday, was this smart female Siskin who dropped by for a bite to eat before continuing on her way. On Friday Bev had a lunchtime social to attend in Faversham so, after dropping her off at Reads Restaurant, I took a leisurely stroll along the Eastern side of Faversham Creek. A really nice way to waste a couple of hours, Greenshank (of which there were three) taking my self-found year list total to 107.





Finally, I had a stroll around Newlands Farm, early this morning, in a vain attempt at locating a Wheatear, Best I could manage was a Great Spotted Woodpecker, although nice enough in the early morning sunshine!


Then, to put a tin hat on proceedings, as I was sat in my study writing this post one of my spiny mates put in an appearance, allowing me the first decent chance of a photo this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment