Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Sunday 14 June 2015

A bit of this and that

Overnight the moth activity was frantic, with a decent mix of species this morning. Clouded Silver, Small Magpie, Freyer's, Tawny Speckled and Lime-speck Pugs all new for 2015. Some more micros for me to ponder over, although with fishing season rapidly approaching, I won't be dwelling too long on these un-id'd creatures. I have photos and the entire Winter to continue my learning process in this particular sphere!

Coptotriche marginea (?)
 

 Benno, Luke and myself took a wander along The Stour, this morning, looking for likely areas where we might be able to intercept a barbel, or two? Unbelievably, we actually saw nine fish during our sortie - a group of five engaged in some fairly hectic spawning activity; it's looking good. A great deal of other wildlife to be enjoyed included a decent variety of Dragons and Damsels, Scorpion Flies, a couple of singing Nightingales and best of all, singles of Slow Worm and Grass Snake. Great stuff.


An absolute privilege to get up close, and personal, with this creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment