Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Sunday 21 July 2024

A decent result

The garden MV trap has, once again, provided some very nice moths for me to look at when I perused the egg trays this morning. The realisation of just how pathetic my id skill-base really is has been highlighted by this recent run of warm weather and the resultant increase in micro moths to be examined. Fortunately, this has coincided with my acquisition of the new extension tubes and all that they allow me to do with my camera and lenses. 

An absolutely pristine Cloaked Minor

Bloxworth Snout - very smart

I'll keep this post short because I've got another offering, in prep, that I hope will expand upon where my mind-set is currently at in relation to where involvement with the natural world seems to be headed. Don't get too excited - I'm not wishing to start a war, just explain my own perception of where we're at.

Small China-mark

I've tentatively id'd this as Scabious Longhorn (Nemophora metallica)

No wonder I couldn't get a positive id - it's a bloody Caddis Fly.
As always I am indebted to Francis Solly for his input. 

Reed Fanner (Orthotelia sparganella) a very irregular visitor to Thanet

No comments:

Post a Comment