Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 29 February 2024

Half a million - truly humbled

 Whilst I am well aware that so many of my fellow bloggers are capable of attracting interest from a much larger audience it was my post, of yesterday, which saw my visitor stats pass the half a million mark. Absolutely mind numbing. I am incredibly humbled by this statistic. My blog, at best, is just a diary of my journey through life and the angling/wildlife encounters experienced along the way. That it has been of interest to so many others is extraordinary and I will never take this for granted. 

I took a photo of my computer screen to record this epic event (for me!)

My content is fairly mundane, my opinions are those of a guy who has worked on the factory floor for nearly fifty years and ain't gonna change anytime soon! So I would like to thank each and every one of those who have made the effort to peruse my ramblings and hope that I can continue to produce content which is of interest for a few more years yet? 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And I thank you for taking the time to view them.

      Delete
  2. Great milestone, great blog - always read it and look forward to more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Brian, your kind words are very much appreciated

      Delete
  3. Always cheers me up keep going. Not been out with the rods for way too long myself but will be back up Tring very soon. Take care Ron T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's a bolt from the blue! Great to hear that you're still dangling up at Tring. I haven't cast a rod there since 1993 when I moved down to Kent. Good to learn that I am able to make you happy via the written content of my rambling nonsense and hope my photos are able to transport you back to the crazy days of Brooke Bond, Emberton Park and, of course, Tring?
      All the very best, take care, stay safe & tight lines - Dyl

      Delete