Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Wednesday 24 January 2024

Preferable to a blank

 My first session down on the RMC, since last Wednesday, produced a single bite. The result was a very pleasant Pike, of 13 lbs 8 oz, visiting the unhooking mat but that was all the angling action in over four and a half hours on the bank.

Bev looked at this image and thought I looked puzzled? 
To be fair, I'll take that because one of the dog walkers said I looked "rough"! How dare they?

However, as with any time spent down on the canal, there were some quality conversations with various folk out walking their dogs or just enjoying the scenery. Birds were fairly predictable, although two Barn Owls just before dawn certainly provided the highlight. A flock of Mediterranean Gulls, circa 130+, moved westward just after sunrise and there were a few Redwing, Song Thrush, Fieldfare and Blackbirds to scan through as the morning progressed. A couple of Ravens put on a noisy display overhead and a sky dancing Common Buzzard was quite spectacular as the light levels got better. It was a pair of protesting Moorhens that alerted me to the presence of a hunting Mink, on the opposite bank. I managed to grab a token image of this sly critter before it slunk off back into the bankside reeds. Nothing too outstanding but, certainly, better than sitting indoors wondering what might have been?

Thus far, into January, blogging has been hard going. Let's hope that the crazy weather is now behind us and a return to, some form of, normality is possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment