Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Tuesday 9 January 2024

January struggles

I endured my second, 2024, total blank session on the RMC, this morning, not even any signs of Eel activity but, boy, it was bloody cold down there! Fortunately my attire for these sessions is more than adequate, for the task, and I remained warm and comfortable all the while I was on the bank. Basically, I'm down there to enjoy myself, not on an endurance test. Still, even if the Pike wenen't playing ball, there was plenty of birdie action to keep me entertained.

Dawn brakes over Romney Marsh

I added three more to my year list plus getting plenty of chances to push my camera skills beyond what I'd previously endeavoured. Long-tailed Tit, Coal Tit and Treecreeper were my additions, yet it was a morning where Great White (two) and Little Egrets (three) really dominated the show. 


I could probably do with a visit to a medical facility as I'm going back down tomorrow for another session. Surely, at my age, I should know better? Still, if I do eventually encounter that Pike of my dreams, I will certainly be able to say I earned it. As an aside, Simon Walker has emailed me with the news that the Dick Walker exhibition seems to be getting closer to a formal start date. I will post full details as soon as they are available.

2 comments:

  1. You need your good luck mascot back from Scotland! 😆 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take anything which assists my cause, Scotland or not!

      Delete