Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Saturday 6 January 2024

A bit of a mixed bag

 As I'd said yesterday, getting the Christmas decorations packed away was the top priority for today. Fortunately, everything went to plan and I was able to get out for a stroll just after mid-day. My plan was to have a wander across the marsh to check up on Black Dyke whilst also hoping to add a few more ticks to the year list. As it turned out, things couldn't have been any better. Not only have I managed to discover a section of Black Dyke which certainly offers a chance of presenting a bait, there were also seven additions to my year list. What's to complain about? The camera kit did me proud, with images of a few species which were encountered whilst on my wanderings. 


Stonechat was a year tick, the Dunnock being a species which is very
rarely the subject of birding images.

This was, however, just a side-show to the real content of my day. I received an email from Simon (Walker) telling me that the "Dick" Walker exhibition was to be up, and running, by the end of January! Bloody hell, doesn't allow much time to get things prepped. Simon has asked me to use the blog to find out if there is anything anglers would like to see included in any tribute to the life of this legend? It seems insane that neither Simon, nor his two brothers (Richard and Timothy) are anglers. If you do have any ideas please use the comments facility of my blog and I'll forward them to Simon without needing to publish anything here.

With the sun setting, in the west, I refound the flock of eight Cattle Egrets just
beyond where I'd parked the van.

Obviously, nothing is set in stone at this point but I can state that the event will be staged in the North Hertfordshire Museum, 14, Brand Street, Hitchin. SG5 1JE. I will provide more detail as, and when, Simon and the museum curator provide them.

No comments:

Post a Comment