Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Tuesday 4 October 2022

Go with the flow

 After a break of exactly seven weeks I finally made the effort to get out with the rods again. The RMC was my chosen destination and Pike my quarry. Arriving at my chosen section, well before dawn, I gave it three and a half hours before conceding defeat and heading back home. Not a complete waste of effort as any time spent on the bank is good for the soul and mental wellbeing yet, Pike fishing wasn't a good decision given the choking weed growth which confronted me. Still, I gave it a go, and will await some colder weather before undertaking that journey again.

Not too many options for positioning a deadbait?

The overnight temperatures have ensured that the moth trap continues to provide interest. Another Bloxworth Snout, this morning, but it was the first Autumnal Rustic (an absolute peach) and Beaded Chestnut, which were taken yesterday, that provided the real autumn vibe to proceedings.


Chiffchaffs continue to move along the garden hedgerow, quite often pausing for a dip in the birdbath, as they do so. House Martin numbers have fallen away quite markedly, yet Swallows seem to have taken their place, being very noticeable as they skim over the rooftops and surrounding farmland.


The short-range weather forecast looks rather gloomy, although overnight temperatures remain favourable for mothing. I might be tempted to have a wander around Pegwell Bay NNR, tomorrow, just for a change of scenery.


No comments:

Post a Comment