Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 5 November 2020

November four

 There's much to be sorted out, prior to the cremation, that blogging is well down the list of priorities at present. It was twenty years ago, yesterday, that Bev and I moved into our bungalow and there are times when we need to pinch ourselves to realise how far we've come, the obstacles overcome, hardships endured, since that date. Certainly not an easy journey yet, all the more rewarding because of that fact. Plenty of stuff to write about, nothing exciting, but still worthy of sharing I guess. I will steer clear of the lunacy surrounding the US Presidential Election, purely because it is such a slur upon the democratic principles of the greatest nation in the free world - shambolic, at best, Donald Trump is the most dangerous individual on the planet!


Our own idiot, Bojo, hasn't exactly endeared himself to the nation, nor covered himself in glory, as a result of the latest U-turn. Lockdown Mk 2 - the same, but different, as Mk 1, only this time Dominic Cummings will stick to the rules - maybe? Fortunately I have full time employment to distract me from much of this lunacy and can still go fishing, should I wish, due to the wonderful efforts of The Angling Trust. My only other method of retaining sanity is to make the most of the wildlife that can be encountered during my daily routine and I'm well up for that. Steve Gale has already announced his intention to resume the BWKm0 caper whilst I am less focussed on birds and happy to look at anything which crosses my path. Today started with the first frost of the autumn, yet it wasn't long before the temperatures rose as a the sun shone from a cloudless sky and a Red Admiral appeared on the yellow buddleia which is hanging on to a few flowers at the bottom of the garden.



I think the best of all the spin offs from that first BWKm0 period, for me, has been the garden hedgehogs and all the learning that it has provided.  Well after midnight, I'm still sat in the study, door wide open (bloody freezing!) with hedgehogs still coming to the feeding station. On my laptop Sky News is the purveyor of a constant stream of information pertaining to the Trump v's Biden debacle, the sound of crunching of Tesco Kitten biscuits, emanating from the garden, provides much welcome distraction. There are still four (minimum) hedgehogs visiting the feeding station every night. "Lockdown"? - I'll cope with this!




3 comments:

  1. There are so many exceptions in this "Lock Down" that it makes you wonder who exactly is being locked down. Garden Centres, B & Q, Homebase staying open, parents taking their children to and from school and no doubt mingling for a chat outside, wildfowlers can still drive out to the marshes and sea walls to spend a few hours shooting - the list is quite long, hopefully birdwatchers will still continue as normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again the guidelines are as clear as mud!

      Delete
  2. Lockdown 2 compared to Lockdown 1, interpretation of the Government guidelines. 'All the same but different'.

    ReplyDelete