Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Monday 28 September 2015

Blanker!

My recent outings with the rods have been a stunning demonstration of my consistency - I've not had a bite. The rods would be better used to support Runner Beans, for the amount of time they've remained inactive. A very pleasant afternoon at Sandwich Coarse Fishery, all the same, complete with the usual disrespectful banter aimed at my "vintage tackle ensemble".

My set-up yesterday - Bruce & Walker Mk IV on the left, a Duncan Kay on the right, both fitted with Mitchell 300's
perched on a Kevin Maddocks rod-pod, complete with Gardner Tackle rod rests.
Adult winter Med Gull, juv male Sparrowhawk and a Kingfisher did their bit to keep me amused and there were several flocks of Siskins feeding in the bankside Alders, I should have made an effort with the "big lens" but couldn't be arsed.
The moth trap was a little more interesting, this morning, with single Rush Veneer and Scarce Bordered Straw plus three Silver Y and my first Black Rustic of the autumn. Still quite a bit of activity around the garden, dominated by Chiffchaffs - up to a dozen, and three Blackcap which are feeding in the Elder and Buddleias, but also out in the maize. Vis mig has been rather ordinary; Meadow Pipit, Linnet and Goldfinches dominate, with the odd "alba" wagtail just to keep me on my toes. It's that time of year when I really don't know what to do next - birds, moths or fish?


Light and shade - the massive effect that shadows make on
perceived colour. Two of the Chiffchaffs that were present in
the garden today.

No comments:

Post a Comment