Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Wednesday 16 January 2013

So quiet

The snow has ensured that, work apart, I've done very little. No waxwing sightings for nearly a fortnight, but still plenty of blackbirds around Newland's Farm and The Old Rose Garden. I walked up to meet our newest family member and was surprised to find a chiffchaff in a garden beside Vale Square. It didn't look particularly happy - foraging in the cold.

 
As I walked home, this afternoon, several flocks of fieldfares passed overhead, flying in a westerly direction. The total number was probably around 100 individuals, the most I've noted since the invasion of the early autumn. There has been a single fieldfare, with blackbirds, regularly feeding on the berries of the Booker's car park along Pyson's Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment