Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 28 December 2023

A Mink saves the day

Tomorrow, 29th December 2023, is Bev and my twentieth wedding anniversary. Where the bloody hell does time go? Because of this momentous occassion, I won't be joining Ben and Luke for the final Pike fishing session of the year but, instead, will be spending the day with the person who has been the biggest influence on my life since we got together in June 2000. Ben and I did get down to the RMC for a Boxing Day morning session. I landed two very small Pike, Ben just got pestered by Eels! I went back down again this morning and have to report that my final session was a total blank. Six other Pike anglers were also present along my chosen stretch, thus my usual leapfrogging approach wasn't an option. I got exactly what I deserved as a result. With the wind howling across the open marsh, it was a surprise to spot a Barn Owl battling its' way alongside the canal, en route to a roost site being my guess. The only other event worthy of note was being able to spend time watching a Mink, hunting on the opposite bank, and grabbing a few record shots in the, less than brilliant, conditions. 


I've not had any serious thoughts about what I'd like to achieve in 2024. At present I am very happy to go wherever life takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment