Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Saturday 26 August 2023

The camera does the talking

I spent a few hours, this morning, down at the "Carp Puddle" just to use up the particle mix which I had left over from the session earlier this week. Six fish fell to my simple tactics. Nothing to get excited about, yet still very enjoyable purely because a bent fishing rod is always better than a straight one, sitting on a pair of rod-rests. I'd got down to the venue, very early, shortly after turning off the moth trap. It had been a rather productive night, mainly thanks to the camera, which I'd been playing around with. 

The moon was just too good an opportunity to ignore. The EOS 70D, plus some Youtube tutorials, meant that my efforts were much better than anything I'd managed previously. As I already had the kit to hand, it was a no brainer when a Hedgehog turned up at the feeding station.

It was whilst I was watching the Hedgehog that I became aware of a large moth flying around the Nicotiana plants. Twice I grabbed the net and went into the garden only to discover the moth settled on a fence panel, illuminated by the MV light. The first Convolvulus Hawk-moth of 2023, it was quickly potted up to be photographed later. 

The final image was obtained whilst down at the "Carp Puddle"and might just be the first record of Willow Emerald within the Thanet boundaries? 


No comments:

Post a Comment