Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 7 January 2021

Game's back on?

The Angling Trust has, today, secured Governmental approval of angling as a form of exercise? I'll go with that, although they are at pains to point out that "local" means local and unnecessary travel will be in contravention of the lockdown rules, thus, possible fixed penalty fines incurred should the venue be deemed "non" local if plod gets involved? Not wishing to mimic those "twitchers" who can make a case for a Short-toed Treecreeper to be reason to travel from Durham to Dungeness, the Royal Military Canal will remain off limits until such time as the Angling Trust advise differently. Fortunately, the East Kent Marshes and my syndicate fishery are all within "local" distance and I'll happily exploit the possibilities of these venues given the current situation. Twenty doubles? I won't find out if I don't try!

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I also understand that a degree of shooting has also been given permission, just as many birds had got used to the peace and quiet and lack of danger. As a result the shooting farmer along the reserve here was out with several cronies game shooting this morning, stretching the rules a tad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a report, on another blog, of an organised pheasant shoot being conducted, in Norfolk, on the first day of this latest lockdown. Obviously the rules only apply to us minions whilst the landed gentry, and their rich pals, carry on as normal? Fortunately the game season ends on 31st January, although wildfowling out on the saltmarsh will continue for a fortnight after that date. Although I have no axe to grind with genuine field sports, the abuse of position as demonstrated by folk with more money than sense, riles most of us affected by government restrictions.

      Delete