Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Monday 11 January 2021

Birds mirror the weather

 I took a short stroll around Newlands Farm, this morning, and wasn't particularly inspired by what I saw. Four Skylarks, flushed from the large stubble field opposite Fujifilm , was as good as it got. Plenty of Wood Pigeons, Herring Gulls and assorted corvids, but little else. As with the weather, it was dull! Three more species have made it onto my BWKm0 garden list, today, and are as follows:-

19 - Starling

20 - Raven - two flew south over the garden at 09.30 hrs, the first record here since the autumn.

21 - Black-headed Gull

The only other birds worthy of note were the lone Greenfinch, present for its' third day, and an increase in the Goldfinch flock to twenty-four individuals. With so many ridiculously common species, still awaiting inclusion on the list, I have to use it as a positive and say that the only way from here is up!

No comments:

Post a Comment