Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 1 August 2019

More of the same

One day is very much like any other, at present. No-one's fault, just how it must be as Bev and I do our best to care for her Mother. My projects on hold, as the current situation must take priority over anything so frivolous as an angling challenge. If I'm struggling with the rods then there is no reason why the camera can't get an airing - the feeding station is the perfect antidote to my predicament. Today has seen me capture loads of images of the garden visitors, House Sparrows excepted but, certainly in excess of 100 individuals present today.







I'm already toying with an idea to photograph fifty species in/from my garden in 2020. Not too sure if it will ever take off, just a thought for consideration when the new year approaches. My Dumpton garden list is better than my Herts list (176 species - Short-toed Lark at Tyttenhanger GP's being the obvious mega, although, self found, Avocet and Storm Petrel at Tring Res. are well up there on a county scale), but I was never an obsessive birder whilst I lived in the county (33 years-ish).  KENT must take full responsibility for my illogical madness which manifested itself in the lunacy of county listing and "twitching"  - fantastic times of pure, adrenaline fueled, enjoyment in the company of so many like-minded souls. The garden has, also. produced some spectacular birds/birding experiences since we moved here in November 2000. Fifty species photographed in fifty-two weeks shouldn't be that big an ask should I choose to accept the challenge? Sitting in my study today, I've already managed 10% of that target!

No comments:

Post a Comment