Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 12 September 2024

The bird bath does it again!

Bev's not feeling too sparkling, at present, as the after effects of radiotherapy kick in. Nothing that we hadn't been warned about by the Macmillan nurse, yet still not very pleasant. Our holiday can't get here quick enough. Whilst it is Bev who has to endure the physical issues, I am not (as a responsible husband) in a position to head off in search of entertainment, be that angling or ornithological, whilst these symptoms remain. My only, sensible, option, therefore, is to spend time in my study knowing that I can be immediately on hand should Bev need me. So there I was, just after 13.00 hrs, looking at the images I'd captured during our last Corfu holiday, when I glanced out into the garden only to see an imm male Common Redstart in the bird bath. Fortunately the camera was right besides me and I rattled off a few shots, through the double glazing, of only the fourth garden record of this species in twenty-four years!

What with Ring Ouzel and Pied Flycatcher already in the bag, 2024 garden listing seems to be a bit special.

No comments:

Post a Comment