Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 5 September 2024

Nocturnal butterfly migration?

If I wasn't sat here, in my study, watching the Hedgehog & Fox feeding bowls, I wouldn't have witnessed this crazy situation. It's now just after 22.30 hrs and I've seen something which I'd only read about previously. Red Admiral butterflies are being attracted to the moth trap, I've counted fourteen thus far, and I'm certainly wondering if it's because I still run a MV (mercury vapour) light as opposed to the modern attinic alternative?

There are good numbers of moths being attracted and I'm pretty confident that there'll be something of note tomorrow morning when I examine the egg trays. Just in case anyone is interested, I did catch a few Carp yesterday topped off by a nice Common of 12 lbs 10 oz. Certainly nothing to get excited about, yet it was a bent fishing rod, so most enjoyable..


No comments:

Post a Comment