Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Monday 9 September 2024

Saddo - I am that man!

So another night sat, at my laptop, watching the Hedgehog & Fox feeding bowls from my study doorway. All I can say is that it works for Bev and I, yet have no doubts that others will have completely different opinions. The moth trap sorted, the two bowls placed onto the patio, it was just after 20.00 hrs that my attention was drawn towards two Convolvulus Hawk-moths which were nectaring on the Nicotiana flowers in the planter right outside my door.The camera was in auto mode, with the 100 - 400 mm lense fitted, so I had to try my best to grab a record shot, or two.

I've got a candidate for Porter's Rustic in the fridge awaiting some record imagery and I need to add the news that I had fourteen Old Lady on Saturday morning. There were nine on the egg trays and another five resting on the adjacent fence panels when I switched the trap off around 05.45 hrs. I only mention this because Sandwich Obs have only recorded one thus far in 2024. It's a very strange caper, this mothing malarkey, and there's no getting away from it.

2 comments:

  1. Saddo! Noooo! Lets face it Dyl, at least we are aware of the natural world around us and find a way for it to benefit from our existence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ric,
      My use of "saddo" was purely to highlight the fact that so many folk are unable to derive the pleasure, that we do, from simply looking at the natural world which shares our immediate space. To be fair, there are times when I think I could be doing something more productive/creative but, what the heck, my life and I'll live it to suit my ideology and not that of others!
      As always, cheers for the comment - Dyl

      Delete