Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 26 September 2024

Day eight - all quiet

 Bev and I spent a very lazy day around the pool, for the first time this holiday. Birds were, very much, at a premium and I have only one adult Yellow-legged Gull (a trip tick), two Honey Buzzards and a Swallow to report. Around mid-day I did take a short stroll up to the Pentati road to see what butterflies were about. Not a lot would be the summary, if it were not for the fact that Silver Washed Fritillaries are such stunning insects.

Silver-washed Fritillary

Speckled Wood - the Mediterranean version!

Long-tailed Blue

Lang's Short-tailed Blue

Back out birding tomorrow, so hopefully something will turn up?

No comments:

Post a Comment