Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Friday 27 September 2024

Day nine - more of the same

An absolutely perfect day for those Corfu visitors wanting holiday sunshine. Bev was besides the pool just after 09.15 hrs and I headed off to the high ground above Kato Garouna. Honey Buzzard migration appears to be well past it's peak, as I only recorded eighteen birds today. However, there was plenty of other avian activity to keep me entertained. On my walk up to the high ground I managed to grab a few images of, what appears to be, a Subalpine Warbler sp? I'll certainly be more confident of my id when I'm back home and able to do some further research.


A pale orbital ring and a reddish legs would suggest that Subalpine Warbler is the correct id?

The raptor movement was still something to enjoy as I witnessed nine Sparrowhawks, two Hobby and a Peregrine moving south whilst I was up on the high ground.  

Just a handful of hirundines were noted today, the vast majority being Swallows, and it was an adult Common Buzzard which provided the final photo opportunity of the day when it decided to spiral up from just besides the road as I made my way back to the Irene complex.


No comments:

Post a Comment