Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Friday 14 April 2023

Pegwell Avocets

Just a very short, ninety minute, visit to the Pegwell Bay NNR site in the hope of adding a species, or two, to the self-found list for 2023. Sadly, I was to be disappointed as the inland area was virtually bird less! So it was The Garage Pool which saved the day with four pairs of Avocets present. There was a ninth individual on the small pool to the right of the public hide which I spotted later, as I made my way to the Stonelees NR.



A singing Chiffchaff was the only sign of Spring migrants, whilst a fly by Little Egret provided the quintessential image of the view across the saltmarsh, dozing Common Seals providing the backdrop.



No comments:

Post a Comment