Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Sunday 16 April 2023

Crazy day - photos speak volumes.

Not a fishing rod in sight. I'll start the post at 21.00 hrs on Saturday when one of the regular Foxes turned up at the feeding station. I'd been getting another Scrabble lesson from Bev and, between games, went into my study just as the tiny vixen showed up to get first choice of the morsels on offer

Another Red Kite drifted south, over the garden, mid-morning before we headed over to Ash for some serious shit. En route we called in at Pegwell Bay where we discovered four Common Lizards sun bathing on the wall behind the garage. There were also six Avocets present on the main pool, so it was very brief, but equally enjoyable plus I added Whimbrel and Sandwich Tern to the year list. 



Once I'd got Bev home, I took a drive across to Stodmarsh NNR where I hoped to add a few more species to the self-found year list. I got Yellow Wagtail between Monkton and Sarre and Corn Bunting just outside Stodmarsh village before I arrived on site. I took nearly three and a half hours to complete a circuit of this, jewel of a, reserve and added yet another three species to my tally. Wheatear, Sedge and Reed Warbler. 








No Cuckoo, Common Tern, Hobby, Bittern, Bearded Tit, Nightingale, Willow Warbler or Garganey, so plenty of excuses to return very soon in the hope of filling these gaps on the list. Brilliant fun pointing the camera at whatever species deigned to pose. I certainly need to up my game knowing that holiday season is fast approaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment