Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 8 September 2022

A sad day

 I'd been following the football, on Radio 5, when the news came through that Buckingham Palace had announced the passing of HRH Queen Elizabeth II. Absolutely gutted, she being a shining beacon of honesty, decency, and commitment to public office which our current political elite are so woefully inadequate. 


Sleep well, your majesty, you served our nation, and the commonwealth, with dignity and respect. RIP.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. There can't be many folk, still alive, who've known another monarch? Queen Elizabeth II conducted life with absolute, impeccable and total devotion to her duties. Sadly, I don't think these standards will ever be replicated? We've now got her adulterous son, Charles, as King with a bloody Aston Villa supporter next in line - certainly nothing to get excited about in my opinion!

      Delete