Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Monday 14 February 2022

Living a dream

Well that's it, job done! My Pike challenge has been fulfilled in some style. With exactly a month remaining, this morning, I landed the two doubles required to reach my target of twenty. But it didn't stop there, oh no! I also recaptured the "twenty" that I took just six days ago and added another Pike to the tally with a smaller fish of 7 lbs 6 oz. Now there is no way that I wish for repeat captures but, knowing that it is a part of Pike angling, will gladly accept whatever fate provides. Having now completed the project I am at liberty to see how far I can push the season's results without any, self inflicted, pressures. If the weather stays fair then I should get in another twelve sessions (minimum) before the curtain falls at midnight, Monday, 14th March. 

Pike No.1 - 16 lbs on the button!

Pike No.2 - the friendly "twenty"

That's the third twenty taken on a centrepin, this campaign, and I see no reason why I can't attempt to get one on a split cane Mk IV now the pressure is off? A Mk IV and a centrepin? Now there's an idea to play around with!

Pike No.4 - 11 lbs 14 oz of target achieving RMC fun.

I had written, just recently, how good February had proven to be for Benno, Luke and myself, on the banks of the canal. All things being equal, I'm confident of much more, Pike-shaped, action over the next four weeks. It's the Canterbury & Thanet PAC regional meeting, tomorrow night, and it'll be interesting to hear how the other guys, within the group, are faring? Always an entertaining gathering, whatever the Pike gods are dishing up, it's just nice to be able to spend time with like-minded anglers and chew the fat.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant Dylan �� �� ��, well done. what's the next target?

    nick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Nick, I haven't yet decided on what will be my next target. What is without question is that I have a very leisurely month to look forward to getting another challenge sorted out. Whatever I decide it will have to be a still-water campaign due to the close season restrictions in place across the entire Kentish Stour catchment area. All the best - Dylan

      Delete