Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Friday 9 March 2018

Pike season over?

Pike fishing, in the morning, because grand parenting duties are likely to cause problems on Sunday? I know the section of the RMC I will be fishing and have all the kit assembled in readiness. I'm toying with an idea of using floats but, realistically, know that my attention span is not suited to this method of bite registration - there's just so much else to look at! A float, in conjunction with a bite alarm, has some merit, given the close proximity of my bait and the desire to reduce resistance to a minimum, should a pike pick up my offering.  My head is awash with such thoughts! I'll see what happens come the morrow?
Probably my final pike session of 2017/18, although I might manage to sneak one in on Wednesday morning? I can have no complaints about the fish I have captured since 3rd November 2017 - when I started the campaign. Eleven doubles, to 13 lbs 8 oz, from thirty-seven pike landed, I'll put up with that knowing how little effort I have expended. I've had great fun and not endured a sustained period, of self-induced failure, because I couldn't catch a "target" fish; I didn't have one!  I now, therefore, look forward to my carp project creating such pressure - not!

No comments:

Post a Comment