Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Dribs and drabs

I have to say that my experiences, of early morning patch activity, mirror that of Jonathan Lethbridge, over in darkest Wanstead; scant return for the early riser. This morning was to follow a similar pattern as I made my way around the circuit. A bunch of twelve Meadow Pipits flushed from some Spring Barley and a few Song Thrushes were scattered about, yet totalled less than double figures. With no sign of yesterday's Wheatears it was left to a group of three Ring Ouzels to provide the morning's highlight. Always flighty, I got reasonable views through my bins - my camera work providing little more than a very distant record shot. Still, they were another year tick and see me on one hundred and one, thus far.

One interesting sighting, just beyond my Eastern boundary involved a pair of displaying Sparrowhawks - somewhere in the vicinity of Broadstairs Cricket Ground. I'll keep an eye on the area as they are, potentially, a third local pair? Off to work in a minute, so something is bound to happen as I make my way there. I might well take my camera, today, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment