Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Skill? No; I've got a lucky shirt!

This post is just because I can, a silly piece of indulgence, nothing more! - I've got a folder, on the external hard drive, which contains photos of all the barbel that I've witnessed from the River Stour (so not many!) Whilst looking through them, for signs of repeat captures, it suddenly dawned on me that I have a "lucky" shirt - three out of four, of my doubles have been captured when I've been wearing it. Obviously there is an alternative theory - I'm so poor as to only own one shirt, so it's a no-brainer that I'll be wearing it whenever I go fishing? Luck? Skill? There's a very fine divide between these elements, however, luck cannot be learnt; skills can be developed. As Gary Player once said "The more I practice, the luckier I get!"


My first "double" 11lbs 9 oz - August 2013


My current PB - 13 lbs 14 oz - 21.08.2013
The state of my hair is due to wearing a head torch, not a visit to some fancy parlour!

27.07.2014 - Same shirt, same necklace, same Rolex (?) watch - if only barbel fishing was this simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment