Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Saturday 28 September 2024

Day ten - a day off

Bev and I spent the entire day around the pool as my exertions, of yesterday, had pushed me over the edge and I needed to take a break. So today, knowing that I wanted something to blog about, I took the camera kit with me and pointed it in the direction of whatever was prepared to pose! I apologise for the photo heavy content of this offering and hope that I won't need to repeat it before we come home?  



The lizard was sunbathing on the bridge as I made my way to the pool and the Common Buzzard was perched up right next to The Irene Wellness building and kindly pointed out to me by one of the other guests, as I was in the pool at the time! With the extension tubes close to hane, I made an effort to spend some time with Praying Mantis's which are very numerous around the area.


My final offering is of a very tatty Swallowtail butterfly. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't bother with such a sorry looking example but, because this group of insects is conspicuous by their absence, it needed to be done.

I have seen a couple of African Monarchs flying about the complex yet have not been able to discover a nectar source which they are attracted to. Still plenty of time, so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment