Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Friday 3 March 2023

A Stodmarsh stroll

 Bev had a lunchtime meet up, with her gang, in Canterbury. So I was happy enough to drive her to the venue, safe in the knowledge that I'd be able to get a full circuit of the Stodmarsh/Grove Ferry NNR before she required picking up. As it turned out, it was spot on. I dropped her off at 12.30 hrs and was back to pick her up at 15.10 hrs - brilliant! This is the first time I've visited the reserve in 2023 and, potentially, there were a few easy year ticks to be had. As it turned out I managed just four but it really doesn't matter as I'll be back at some point in the coming months. Camera over my shoulder and binos around my neck, it was a very pleasant couple of hours spent doing a sedate lap of the site.


My photos are simply a means of ensuring I've got something to aid my blogging efforts; record shots for want of a better description. Seeing some of the images posted by "toggers" I realize just how much better I could do if I actually learnt how to use the kit. True, but I can't be arsed to start learning new tricks. Must be the "old dog" syndrome?

There's some seriously weird shit going on at present, within my family circle. Can't say any more, purely because I don't have a scooby what's involved, or why. The "Wrafties" are gathered, tomorrow, for a birthday/engagement celebration, so I might have more insight after this event. It all revolves around money and inheritance, therefore, way beyond my comfort zone!

2 comments: