Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 10 October 2019

Filling time

With the health and well being of Bev's mum, Denise, at the forefront of our priorities, at present, the daily routine is very much in limbo. We seem to be chasing between carer's requirements and those of the the two hospitals at Ashford and Margate. We've nothing but admiration and praise for all those medical personnel who've contributed to the treatment that Denise has received since we've returned from Kefalonia. Bev is on hand, 24/7, I have the distraction of work to attend and, therefore, break up my days. Fuji have been superb, as always, in their support during this difficult period.
Obviously, fishing and general wildlife encounters have been very much at a premium, so I've not had much to blog about - surprise, surprise! Last Saturday, whilst driving to and from Scroggins, I saw a Barn Owl on the airport fence at Manston, then a Hobby over the road at Sarre on my return. A Long-eared Owl flapped, all stiff winged and wooden, over the road as I approached Pluck's Gutter on Monday evening and there has been a decent nocturnal passage of thrushes over Dumpton during the past few nights. Song Thrushes and Redwings have dominated, but I have managed to pick out a few Ring Ouzel thanks to the Sound-cloud recordings posted on the Portland Bill Observatory website. Vis mig is very minimal and restricted to a few flurries of Goldfinches, odd Meadow Pipits, Grey Wagtails and occasional Chiffchaffs.



Always got the camera close to hand, whilst I'm sat in my study, so have grabbed quite a few record shots of the activity around the garden. Not much, I grant you, but it helps to keep me sane?

2 comments:

  1. Dyl, you have many readers and supporters including this one. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ric,
      So sorry for the delay in my reply, but I hadn't read Steve Gale's post when this comment appeared, so was more than a little confused by the sentiment offered. Obviously I'm now in the loop and fully aware of why you felt the need to comment. No need to worry about this blog, I've every intention of keeping writing all the while I feel there's subject matter worthy of sharing.

      All the best - Dyl

      Delete