Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Sunday 26 February 2017

Lazy Sunday afternoon and none of my business

It was a dreary morning. Outside there was a brisk, cum boisterous, S - S/W wind chasing thick cloud cover across the skies masking the watery sun. Bev and I had no plans, we're off to Southampton tomorrow for Brian's funeral, my Mum's younger brother. Tim & Julie, Sye & Yve will also be there, so we should have time for a bit of a catch up ref Dad's estate and where we go next. I spotted an opportunity and took a gamble, could I catch a carp in four hours? Bev was happy with the idea and I headed off just after 12.15 hrs - fishing by 12.50 hrs!
"You're having a laugh!" Split cane Mk IV's, Mitchell 300's and those £1. 66 "Redmire" bite alarms!
What was in the water couldn't have been any better if Danny Fairbrass, himself, had cast out

Kit for this gig was fairly standard fare. Two Mk IV's, Mitchell 300's and "Robin Red" 12 mm pellets with an IB plastic maize pop-up. I'm not fishing for big fish, this is scamping at the very base level. It turned out to be rather enjoyable. I had four bites, landing three fish, two carp and a bream, which, at 4 lbs 2 oz. is the largest one I've caught since 1992!

The first bream, to my rods, worthy of the name since 1992!
4 lbs 2 oz of carp bait snaffling "nuisance" - except it's not! I was very happy with the result.
So what's none of my business? Claudio Ranieri loosing his job at Leicester City FC, that's what! It has nothing to do with me but I still have an opinion about this whole shoddy situation. It's true that I am not a supporter/fan of LCFC, nor do I have any particular affiliation to Claudio, yet I feel that his "sacking" reflects very badly upon the club with which he has achieved his, and their, greatest moment. Surely it would have been far more gracious to have allowed him to resign? It's a mad world and the Premier League symbolizes much of what is wrong with modern UK - GREED!  Morality, loyalty, devotion - words which mean jack shit in this crazy "winner takes all" society. As I said - "None of my business!"

No comments:

Post a Comment