Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Saturday 25 February 2017

A pool full of surprises

Benno, Bryn & myself were back at the larger club water, for another short, afternoon, session as Uncle Ben attempts to pass on his wisdom to his nephew, under the watchful gaze of Grand-dad! Bryn is like a sponge, soaking up every snippet that comes his way. I had perch on the hit-list and set my stall accordingly. Benno and Bryn were happy to catch anything which accepted their float fished maggots, but with a couple of sleepers chucked out for a carp, should such a fish be feeding. Small pva bags of freebies, accompanying the hook bait, so adding to the attraction of the offering.
Float fished maggots provided steady sport with "skimmer" bream, roach and perch providing the action, plus three times the carp rods were called into action, courtesy of Benno's Delkims! Bryn ended the day with three small F1 hybrids to his tally and a PB of 3 lbs 4 oz - he was well pleased.
My perch fishing went extremely well, with five fish netted to a top weight of 1 lb 12 oz - they were all over a pound! It didn't end there, however, as I also managed to catch my first Ide, all 2 lbs 3 oz of it - so a new PB! Then I caught some, fan-tailed, Goldfish-type thing before two lean Common Carp decided to join the fray, the best one going 7 lbs 15 oz.

1 lb 12 oz Perch

2 lbs 3 oz Ide - a new species/PB

Some "Fancy Dan" goldfish/carp-like thing which took a prawn!

The bigger, of the two, carp - 7 lbs 15 oz
Great fun, a bit like fishing in an aquarium at a zoo. It seems to me that we've joined a carp puddle with some perch in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment